Aloe Vera is a plant that grows wild in tropical climates, but mostly is cultivated for medicinal uses. It is very easy to grow plant in home environment because it requires little in the way of care: occasional watering, warm conditions, and a little of fertilization occasionally.
Aloe Vera has amazing benefits, mainly because of its medicinal properties, but it is interesting to mention paving the way towards your first domestic herbalism.
This plant has thick, gel – filled leaves which are harvested very easily. All you should do is to open one leaf and collect the oozing gel from it.
In addition, you can find aloe juice in better supplied stores for healthy food. However, it is much safer and cheaper to use homegrown gel. The best benefits you will get by harvesting the biggest and ripest leaves, because of their larger concentration of gel.
Continue with reading and see for which issues you can use this remarkable substance:
9 Health Benefits Of Applying Aloe Vera Topically:
- Moisturizes skin
- Heals wounds
- Soothes burns (one of the best home remedies for sunburns)
- Anti – itching for bug bites
- Calms acne and eczema
- Reduces wrinkles
- Calms rashes, boils, and other skin afflictions
- Conditions hair as a shampoo (may even prevent hair loss)
- Can be used as a shaving gel
9 Health Benefits Of Taking Aloe Vera Internally
- Boosts the production of white blood cells and healthy cells in cancer patients
- Reinforces the heart and improves the quality of blood
- Stabilizes blood sugar
- Promotes healthy gums
- stomach disturbances
- Lowers arthritis inflammation
- Improves the body’s immunity
- Reduces heartburn and indigestion
- Promotes better functioning of the urinary tract
- Prevents digestive disorders like constipation, bloating, IBS and colitis and calms
It is interesting to mention that it is believed that the plant we know today under the name Aloe Vera, originates from Northern Africa.
However, first documented medicinal use was in the ancient Egyptian Papyrus, called ebers, which provided 12 different recipes for aloe healing.
Now, this succulent plant is used across the globe as healing medicine, but also as an ornamental plant.
Our advice is to forsake the pharmaceutical medication and try to find cure in the nature. So, enjoy numerous benefits of aloe vera!