Nature can be truly amazing and miraculous in so many ways and people are slowly realizing that nature can be our true savior in desperate times. Thousands and thousands of years ago when people were unfamiliar with the term medicinal antibiotic, they turned to the one thing they only knew and that was Mother Nature.
However, as medicine advanced so did the people’s belief that nature has the cure and answer to everything was slowly disappearing. It’s true, many diseases and medical conditions came to light, some of which we haven’t even heard of before and others more progressive and advanced than ever before.
Luckily for us, the advanced technology and medicine worked in our favor. Many diseases got proper treatments and countless of medicines helped people to survive and overcome illness.
Antibiotics are considered to be a great invention just because they managed to save numerous lives.
Thanks to the invention of the antibiotics, people can harmlessly and safely overpass the infections. What was once known as a dangerous and hazardous infection, nowadays people have antibiotics to thank, because they will overcome the infection in no time, without worrying about life-consequences. However, over the time and with the over-use of these antibiotics, microorganisms have become immune to the antibiotics and they’ve become stronger and stronger to fight the effects of the antibiotics.
What are Superbugs?
Superbugs is the name given to the strains of bacteria that are nowadays resistant or immune to most of the antibiotics. So, antibiotics used for skin infections, pneumonia or urinary tract problems are useless thanks to these superbugs. It’s as if bacteria are smarter than our inventions and our techniques.
They can fight back the effects of the antibiotics, making their use equal to useless. However, the positive side here is that there’s a solution and we’re here to present it.
Fighting Back with Natural Antibiotics
Due to the presence of superbugs, people are desperately trying to fight back and the best way to do that is the old-fashioned way- using Mother Nature in our favor. These are millions and millions of herbs, plants and flowers that the pharmaceutical companies are using in order to enhance the effects of their products, however these plants and herbs can help you with minor infections and bacteria, but not viruses.
Nevertheless, we can never fully rely on natural antibiotics, without previously consulting a medical person or a doctor who knows our condition and will give us the proper treatment and advice.
Types of Natural Antibiotics
Natural antibiotics are divided into two categories- antifungals and antibacterials. As the name itself indicates, both types are great for fighting back bacteria and fungi and even though medicinal antibiotics tend to do both, the natural antibiotics have a more limited and specific function on their own.
If you decide to try the natural antibiotics, then your doctor will advise you best about which natural antibiotic will be suitable for you. Don’t take anything on your own hand, because sometimes you can do more damage than good to your organism.
We’ve heard of numerous products and plants which have antibacterial properties and we can use them in our advantage, of course in consultation with a doctor or a medical person.
These natural antibacterials will help you fight infections such as wound, ear and even Salmonella and E. Coli. Among these antibacterials are:
• Raw Honey- This delicious, sweet honey will sweeten your day and what’s better than a cup of tea and a tsp of honey. Healthy and delicious, but also with numerous health benefits. Raw honey is well known for its antibacterial properties and its consumption will contribute to your well-being.
• Turmeric- is more than just a powerful spice, it’s also a powerful cure. It will help you cleanse your organism and provide a full detox. Use turmeric to spice up your smoothie.
• Apple Cider Vinegar- will help you naturally to get rid of bacteria and kill pathogens. In fact, apple cider vinegar was used for this purpose many years ago and it’s known to treat lice, ear infections, nail fungus and warts.
• Oregano essential oil- is perfect if you want to say goodbye to the infections such as cholera, skin infections, urinary tract problems and any type of bacterial or fungi caused infection. Oregano is great for internal and external use.
• Garlic- Garlic is great for our overall health in general, but specifically it’s known to do wonders for our immune system. A natural immunity booster which will help you strengthen and protect your organism from the unwanted bacteria in our bodies.
• Onion – Similar to his friend the garlic, onion has also some antibacterial properties and it’s especially convenient for boosting the immune system and protecting our body from getting attacked by these unwanted bacteria.
• Horseradish root- Due to its antibacterial properties, horseradish root is the perfect choice for fighting bacterial infections such as Staphylococcus or Listeria. It is consisted of a compound known as allyl isothiocyanate- responsible for the antibacterial properties.
• Ginger- Ginger is extremely beneficial when it comes to fighting infections and bacteria.
From oral bacteria to viruses of the respiratory infections, ginger is known to kill and prevent the growth of the unwanted bacteria.
These are only few of the natural antibacterials which are well known for their antibacterial properties.
Natural antifungals can contribute to getting rid of problems such as yeast infections, problems with the skin and athlete’s foot. Among the natural antifungals are:
• Raw honey
• Echinacea root
• Apple Cider Vinegar
All of these products are available in the markets and you can easily incorporate them in your daily diet. If you use extracts or supplements, the doctor will establish the proper dose for the best results, however it’s always best to consume them raw and strengthen your immune system, in order to be able to fight back all the fungi and bacteria and prevent them from attacking your body. The best cure for something is the prevention of it, so use Mother Nature and the products it offers to maintain a healthy body.