We all know that gelatin is used to make the dessert jiggle. However, this ingredient is also a natural source of important nutrients. The main cause why this ingredient is so beneficial and packed with nutrients is due to its unique amino acid profile. Gelatin is created from isolating and dehydrating parts of animals, including skin, bones, and tissue. It has the property to act as a sticky adhesive, which helps form strong cartilage or connective tissue that gives parts of our body’s elasticity.
So, besides consuming gelatin as part of processes desserts, you can also use a bone broth, which is a rich source of naturally occurring gelatin. You have probably noticed that doctors use gelatin to improve digestive, joint, cardiovascular, cognitive and skin health to their patients. Here comes the important question, why gelatin is given to patients in the hospital?
Gelatin is considered as the easiest food, which can be digested by our body. Moreover, it is a clear liquid and the patient’s body cannot handle other foods. Hence, gelatin is a natural solution for a fast recovery as it can improve the digestive strength and gut integrity by enhancing the gastric acid secretion and by restoring the stomach’s healthy mucosal lining. Additionally, gelatin has the property to absorb water and stimulate healthy bowel movements.
Health Benefits of Gelatin
- There are numerous health benefits, which gelatin Here are some of them:
- Gelatin stimulates digestion, as it naturally binds water and it promotes the food to move through the digestive tract.
- It adds proteins to your diet.
- Gelatin heals the stomach lining and digestive tract, which makes it a beneficial remedy for allergies.
- Improves bone and joint health due to the amino acid content.
- Cleanses your body from toxins due to the glycerine content.
- Gelatin is also beneficial for skin, hair and nail care because it contains keratin.
- It improves skin elasticity.
- Gelatin promotes sleep quality and treats insomnia.
- It speeds up the healing process.
- Aids in weight loss process.
Delicious Homemade Jelly Recipe
- 1 cup of green tea
- 3 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup of grape juice or fresh strawberries
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
- Honey or stevia
First, cook the green tea and add some stevia and honey. Then, add the unflavored gelatin, and mix until it is dissolved. Next, remove it from the heat and leave it to cool. Finally, add the orange and the grape juice and mix all the ingredients well. Pour the mixture into a container and put it in the refrigerator for 3 hours. After 3 hours, you can consume your jelly.