Good manners show polite behavior, but too many people think of them as unrealistic. The principles of etiquette are quite simple and include proper speech and vocabulary, common courtesy, restraining emotions and neat and clean appearance.
Today we’re presenting the 15 most significant etiquette rules which should be followed by everyone.
- f you’re taking a walk with a friend and heshe greets someone with Hello, you should follow her greet even if you don’t know the person.
- If you’re out for drinks or dinner, your phone or tablet should never be on the table. This shows that you hold them more important than the meeting, giving people the impression that you’re bored. Checking your online profiles or playing with your smartphone can offend them.
- Men are allowed to eat sushi with their hands instead of chopsticks.
- You shouldn’t take a woman on a date if you’re planning to spend the entire evening on your phone.
- Always thank people who helped you as a sign of appreciation. Never take their help for granted as well.
- Men can take a woman’s coat and carry it to the cloakroom, but should never take and carry her bag.
- You should never spend too much time on an empty conversation on your phone. If you want to see your friends, go out with them.
- Don’t stare at people – it’s incredibly rude. You should never talk or laugh too loud.
- When driving a car on a rainy day, avoid splashing pedestrians with water.
- Go to your seat while facing those who seat in the cinema or theater.
- When you apologize and the apology is accepted, make sure you never make the same mistake again.
- Polite men always respect a woman.
- Keep the following things secret: age, religion, medical issues, gifts, family quarrels, wealth, affairs, honor, and disgrace.
- Fashion is important, but don’t follow the current trends as they will make you look silly.
- Greet anyone when you enter the room, regardless of your age or stature.
The rules should be followed in order to make the world a better place. Acquiring these manners is not easy, but you can master them with patience. Remember – good manners never go out of style.